Robin Sloan, a fiction writer
I’m the author of the novels Sourdough and Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, published by MCD×FSG in the United States, Tokyo Sogensha in Japan, and others around the world. I am also …
- co-owner of Fat Gold and co-author of this guide to extra virgin olive oil
- one half of The Cotton Modules, a band
- programmer of this app, this e-book template, etc.
I have a new novel forthcoming from MCD. If you’d like to follow along with its publication, subscribe to my newsletter!
My main newsletter goes out once every 29 ½ days. It ranges widely, across books and media and modern life, and I always try to make it feel like a note from a friend.
I also send an occasional lab newsletter about computing, mostly in a creative context. It is devoted to the topics that are simply too nerdy for my main newsletter.
I’ve published a lot of material across a few different internet eras. Here’s a directory of what’s available on this website and elsewhere.
- The Writer & the Witch ★
- The Wrong Plane
- Last Beautiful
- The Truth About the East Wind
- The CounselorTerraform
- Proposal for a Book to Be Adapted Into a Movie Starring Dwayne The Rock Johnson
- Julie RubiconFacebook
- The Sleep Consultant
- My Father the Druid, My Mother the Tree
- The Conspiracy Museum (The Atlantic)
- Elyse Flayme and the Final FloodMIT Technology Review
- Harriet Amber in the Conan ArcadeCommercial Type
- Author’s NoteGoogle
If you’re here because you are curious about my writing and/or thinking, I encourage you to start with my novels: they are me, in a serious sense. Both are available wherever books can be purchased or borrowed. The audiobook editions are great, too.
Thanks for stopping by!